Thursday 28 October 2010

Presence

There are still things in the world that cannot be bought or bartered. Some things cannot be worshipped or derided, not even touched or held; yet here, now, worldly; tenacious, solid flesh and muscle and brain.

This morning passing through the air in and above my soil born world, the impossible grace in passing of seven impossibly slender and muscular El Greco elongated common cranes.

They are silent. I'm jubilant; almost making their bugling noises in my own throat as I salute their fleeting presence; our joint existence in this very world.

4 comments:

  1. When we walk in the woods, we walk as the child we were.

    Artists and writers do not seek to change the perfection they sense, they seek only to communicate it. They can not make it more perfect, they can only make it accessible.

    This is what you, do, and I for one am glad of it. Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heartfelt thankyou, Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just back from a reading with Elinor Livingston, Diana Hendry, and Elizabeth Burns, who read from her new book called "Held": somethings can be held like a full moon jar made in the style of the Chosom Dynasty. Gerrie Fellows sends her greetings as does your old pay Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, anon, for your thoughts. I wish I could have been at that reading. May I point out that full moon Chosom jars may be bought & sold? Cranes, however . . .
    Greetings to yourself (?) & to Gerrie & to Larry

    ReplyDelete